Important Update: For this meeting, the OB Planning Board will be conducting the meeting at NEWBREAK Church – 2069 Ebers Street, Ocean Beach, CA 92107. We will also be live streaming on Facebook.
Information Item #1: Ocean Beach Pier Update
James Nagelvoort, the Director of Engineering and Capital projects department at the City, will give a presentation about the future of the pier and how the community can stay engaged during the development process.
Action Item #1: 4953 Coronado Ave PTS #697315
The board will review the application for a Coastal Development Permit to demolish an existing detached garage at an existing single-family residence and construct a new 1,200 S.F. 2-story ADU with attached garage, second floor deck and roof deck, at 4953 Coronado Avenue. The motion from the PRC was: Recommend approval of project contingent on meeting the FAR requirement in Code Section 131.0446(e). and providing more open railing on 2nd floor balcony wall. Passed: 4-0-0. The board reviewed this project last month and decided to push it until June so the applicant could be present.
Action Item #2: 4705 Point Loma Ave PTS #681097
The Board will review the application for Coastal Development Permit for a demolition of an existing retail structure and construction of 2 MDU buildings with 4 units each at 4705 Point Loma Ave. This project is an affordable housing density bonus project of 8 units total. The motion from the PRC was: Recommend denial based on not complying with Community Plan in regards to building spacing [Section 4.6] and lack of ground level patios, courtyards and interaction with public right-of-way [Section 4.2]. Passed 4-0-0.
- VOTE ONLINE: https://tinyurl.com/voteobpb2022. Online voting will close 9 pm, March 2, 2022.
- DROP OFF: Print (https://tinyurl.com/voteobpb2022print) and hand deliver your voter registration form and ballot to the Ocean Beach Business Center, 4876 Santa Monica Ave. Must be in our mail box by 6 pm, March 2, 2022 to be counted.
- MAIL: Print (https://tinyurl.com/voteobpb2022print) and mail your voter registration form and ballot to Ocean Beach Planning Board, 4876 Santa Monica Ave. #133, San Diego, CA 92107. Must be in our mail box by 6 pm, March 2, 2022 to be counted.
Results will be announced Thursday, March 3, 2022 via OBPB email and social media.
More info at http://oceanbeachplanning.org/elections/
Visit http://oceanbeachplanning.org/elections/ for eligibility and instructions.
Applications must be submitted by Feb 9 to be listed on the ballot. Election will take place March 3.
Next OBPB meeting is Wednesday, January 5 at 6pm.
On the agenda:
- View a presentation from the Monarch Group, one of the five developers bidding for the Sports Arena site.
- Review and make recommendations to the City’s Draft Housing Action Package which includes revisions to City Code regulating ADUs to conform with SB9.
Registration link for the virtual meeting is at the top of the agenda located at http://oceanbeachplanning.org/…/OBPB_agenda-Jan-2022.pdf
Planning Board meeting. Wednesday, Sept 1 at 6pm via webex.
Register for meeting
Action Item #1: Letter On $8.4 Million State Money for OB Pier
Action Item #2: Beach Lot Parking Restrictions
Action Item #3: Spaces As Places
Overnight parking lot closure plan annotated
Spaces As Places presentation
Spaces as Places draft regulations
Draft Pier Funding Letter
Action Item #1: CIP List and Prioritization (finalizing the request list)
Action Item #2: Replacing Car Parking with Bicycle Parking
Action Item #3: Roundabouts on West Point Loma
Download the agenda for more info and to register (link at top of page) http://oceanbeachplanning.org/…/OBPB_agenda_Auguts2021.pdf
Planners, applicants, and interested members of the public, the next meeting of the Ocean Beach Planning Board’s Project Review Committee (PRC) is Wed, June 16, 2021 at 6pm. See links below for all pertinent information. The meeting will be via Webex software. You’ll need to use a computer to preregister for the meeting, but the meeting can be accessed by phone.
Registration/ Login Link
Project Documents: Inn at Sunset Cliffs and 1615 Ocean Front St
Please join the OBPB Transportation committee for its next meeting on May 24, 2021 at 6pm.
- This meeting will be held electronically via Webex.
- Meeting link https://tinyurl.com/obpbtranspo-may2020, meeting number (access code): 182 768 6298, meeting password: OB_92017 (62092017 from phones and video systems)
Agenda can be viewed here
Please submit written public comments in advance of the meeting to: firstname.lastname@example.org or attend the meeting to make your public comment via Webex.
The next meeting of the Ocean Beach Planning Board Project Review Committee is on Wednesday, May 19th at 6:30 PM. (Note the later than normal start time due to a schedule conflict.)
Item 1 documents. 4741-4743 Niagara Ave
Item 2 documents. Inn at Sunset Cliffs
Item 3 documents. 4636 Del Monte Ave
Interested in viewing any of the City of San Diego budget meetings?
Agendas listed at https://onbase.sandiego.gov/OnBaseAgendaOnline/
Streaming here: https://www.sandiego.gov/city-clerk/view-live-meetings