The Ocean Beach Planning Board will hold its 2018 General Election on Wednesday, March 7, 2018. Polls will be open 4-7 p.m. at the Ocean Beach Recreation Center at 4726 Santa Monica Avenue. Mail-in ballots are also available upon request.
Seven of the Board’s 14 seats will be up for election, one from each of the seven districts in the OB Community Plan Area. If elected, members serve a two-year term of office. It is a volunteer position and receives no compensation.
Candidate Eligibility Requirements
All persons who meet the eligibility criteria below may apply for a seat on the Board. It is not necessary to be a registered voter with the state or county government.
Candidates must first demonstrate that they are 18 years of age and meet one of the following conditions within the OB Community Plan Area for more than 30 days:
- Resident: Residing and maintaining a physical address
- Property Owner: Owning property
- Business Owner/Licensee: Owning/operating a business with a physical address/location
In addition, eligible candidates must:
- Gather at least 35 signatures from the district in which they are seeking a seat (signatures must be from district residents, property owners, or business owners/licensees)
- Have documented attendance at one of the Board’s last 12 meetings prior to the election
To apply as a candidate, download and complete the Candidate Application below:
- Candidate Application (PDF, 200k)
All members of the community are eligible to vote in the election for the district in which they reside, own property, or own/operate a business in Ocean Beach. It is not necessary to be a registered voter with the state or county government; however, all voters must register in person with a member of the Election Committee. Registration may be completed on Election Day when voting, or prior if requesting a mail-in ballot.
For full instructions on voting and registration, download the Voter Information Package below:
- Voter Information & Registration Form (PDF, 400k)
All essential information for candidates and voters can be found above. For any additional questions please contact the Election Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.